Football Victoria (FV) is introducing a new format to the Boys U13s competition in 2021 by moving to a 9 v 9 format and introducing a new competition for the current NPL teams of which Ashy is one of them. All JBNPL teams are required to introduce a minimum of one (1) U13s team competing against other NPL teams.
In other words Ashburton United Soccer Club will be registering U13s teams in the NPL and Community competitions. Although the new U13s competition (NPL teams) technically sits outside the NPL licence arrangement, it has been implemented for highly developed players participating in a competition against other clubs with a NPL program
The U13s team playing against other U13s NPL teams will be selected during a trial process and based on and individual's:
- Skill level
The club will determine whether a 2nd team will be registered depending on the number of players selected.
Ashy will be registering teams in both competitions (vs NPL teams and Community).
The program will consist of:
- Managed by accredited coaching staff
- Guided by the current technical director, Matys Borowicz
- Program based on the current NPL principles at Ashy
- Playing a minimum of 22 games and additional pre and post matches against other zones
- Introduction and a development platform for the JBNPL program (U14s in 2022)
- Trials to commence the week of 9 Nov 2020 (subject to VIC Govt guidelines)
- Training a minimum of 2 times per week with an additional 3rd session (frequency to be determined)
- Uniforms (home and away set)
- Fees - to be finalised
Please register your child’s interest by completing the below JotForm by 5pm 23 Oct 2020.
Once we compile the responses we will be advising players of trial dates (for NPL competition) and pre-season dates (for Community competition).
More info on FV website at: https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/news/2021-start