The AUSC board will be holding their 2020 Annual General Meeting on Monday 31 August at 7pm via Zoom and all members are encouraged to attend. The agenda includes:
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Proposed Constitution changes
- Election of Committee positions
- The inaugural Alan Goodyear Award recipient
- General BusinessThe various documents (eg notice of AGM, nomination form, proxy form etc) will be available on the website under the ‘Club’ tab and at:Zoom meeting details are as follows:Topic: Ashburton United Soccer Club - AGMTime: Aug 31, 2020 07:00 PMJoin Zoom MeetingMeeting ID: 986 4976 6665Passcode: 714166
Football Victoria (FV) today announced that the Senior competitions for Men, Women, Metro and Masters will be cancelled for 2020 due to the return to Stage 3 restrictions and the rising amount of active COVID-19 cases. Alternative competitions and football options over the spring and summer will be discussed with clubs.
FV have stated that the Junior NPL and Community competitions to resume in a modified form in September subject to Government restrictions
A FV 2020 fee policy, based on cost apportionment principles is being finalised, with the viability of 355 clubs and football in Victoria an important consideration
Football at Home:
There are various links to football exercises at home including:
COVID-19 has presented many challenges for the way we live and work. Beyond Blue have some fantastic resources which may assist you and your family in managing mental health through uncertainty.
Their top tips for managing stress:
- Try to maintain perspective
- Moderate the news you consume
- Establish a routine, including regular sleeping patterns
- Find a way to stay active
- Participate in relaxation exercises, like mindfulness
- Access emotional support - such as a colleague, someone you are close to, your GP or a health professional
Stay safe, healthy and adhere to the VIC government guidelines.
Together we can beat this and having a kick of a football soon.